A line of Plantations extended from New Orleans on both sides
of the river to Natchez and beyond.
"Walnut Hills" emerges
as a trading post. Large land grants were made available by the
British to promote colonization of the area.
Circa date for first brick structure at
McRaven. Built by Andrew Glass.
Natchez Trace opened.
Just prior to this date, Newet Vick came to Warren County. He
purchased the tract of 1180 acres of land from the trading post
of Walnut Hills, which later became the town of Vicksburg.
Vick and his wife died of Yellow Fever.
The rapidly growing community around Walnut
Hills incorporated into Vicksburg.
Andrew Jackson signed
the Indian Treaties that began the mass transportation of these
people to reservations in Oklahoma territory known as "The
Trail of Tears".
The house and grounds were used as a way station.
Sheriff Stephen Howard acquired the property
and built what is now the middle section of the house in Empire
John H. Bobb purchased the property and built the Greek Revival
section of the house.
Siege of Vicksburg.
John H. Bobb was murdered on the grounds.
William Murray acquired the property.
The last of the Murray's to reside in the house sold the property
to be restored
and put on tour.
The property was sold to Leyland French. McRaven
was restored and is being lived in for the first time since 1960.